Islam Religion Islamic Quotes In Urdu About Love In English About Life Tumblr Wallpapers In Arabic Images On Marriage About Women
AS PER AHADITH
DRAWING / TAKING PICTURES OR EVEN MAKING DOLLS (HUMAN OR ANIMAL SHAPES) FOR GOOD PURPOSES IS ALLOWED IN ISLAM
(1) It is in Hadith - Narrated by Ummul Momineen Aisha (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہا) - "I used to play with dolls in the presence of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) and my girl friends also used to play with me. When Allah's Apostle (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) used to enter (my dwelling place) they used to hide themselves, but the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) would call them to join and play with me. (Bukhari).
(2) It is in Hadith - Narrated by Ummul Momineen Aisha (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہا) "When the Apostle of Allah (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) arrived after the expedition of Tabuk or Khaybar (the narrator is doubtful), the drought raised an end of a curtain which was hung in front of her store-room, revealing some dolls which belonged to her. He asked: What is this? She replied: My dolls. Among them he saw a horse with wings made of rags, and asked: What is this I see among them? She replied: A horse. He asked: What is this that it has on it? She replied: Two wings. He asked: A horse with two wings? She replied: Have you not heard that Solomon had horses with wings? She said: Thereupon the Apostle of Allah (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) laughed so heartily that I could see his molar teeth. (Abu Dawud).
From above Ahadith, we can draw the following conclusions.
(1) Pictures drawn, taken or even making shapes of human beings or animals is allowed in Islam provided they are made for some good purpose; even as play things for children.
(2) Pictures can be drawn in text books / drawing books / black boards, etc., to explain various subjects to students.
(3) Pictures can be drawn / taken for scientific and technological research and education at Colleges, Universities and laboratories.
(4) Human / Animal models can be made for scientific research and education.
(5) Medical fraternity can work on dead bodies of humans and animals for their education and research. They can record their findings by way of pictures.
(6) Pictures can be taken and used for Passports / I-Cards / Driver licenses / social security and a host of other requirements.
(7) Pictures of Islamic scholars / Shuyooks can be drawn / printed in books for identification.
(8) Islamic scholars / Shuyooks can appear on TVs, Internet and Videophones to explain Islamic issues to people.
(9) Pictures can be taken for security purposes. Surveilance cameras can be placed at places where there is risk of theft and/or life security of the people.
(10) Pictures of family members can be drawn / taken with the help of a Camera. Since these pictures are used as a remembrance for the following generations, these can be hanged on walls.
(11) As we respect our elders, similarly, we must respect their pictures. No one would like to place picture of his father / Shaikh on the floor and walk over it. This will be a show of utmost disrespect. Reverence is different from worship. Some people argue that reverence is the first step, which is usually followed by worship. This argument does not hold good for Muslims because they clearly know the difference between reverence and worship. It is in Sahih Ahadith (Bukhari, Muslim and others) that we can kiss hands and feet of our parents and Shaikhs as a mark of respect (Refer many Ahadith in Adab al Mufrad written by Imam Bukhari - رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) . This is a show of reverence which has been allowed in Islam. While kissing the feet, our posture becomes almost similar to 'prostration'. However, there is a difference between prostration and kissing of feet.
It is in Hadith - Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said "the deeds of a person depends upon his intention'. Therefore when we are bowing in front of our Shaikh to kiss his feet, our intention is 'to kiss his feet' (not prostrate), which is allowed in Islam. Prostration of reverence is prohibited in Islam but kissing of feet of our elders /religious shuyooks is sunnah which is proved from many Ahadith.